- 1 qt Shamrock Farms Whole Milk
- 1 qt Shamrock Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- cheese cloth
- 5 oz powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon juiced and strained
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 lb medium strawberries hulled
- 1 Thick sliced brioche loaf
- softened room temp unsalted butter
- In a large heavy bottomed pot over medium heat, slowly bring whole milk and heavy cream to just below boiling point, approximately 200 degrees using a kitchen thermometer. Add lemon juice, vinegar and salt; immediately turn heat to low for 2 minutes. Remove the pot from the stove and allow the mixture to cool at room temperature for 20 minutes.Note: During the cool down period you will start the process of the whey (liquid) separating from the ricotta curdLine a large strainer with cheese cloth and place over a large bowl. Ladle curds from the pot into the cheese cloth. Place the bowl with the strainer in the refrigerator. Allow the whey (liquid) to drain away, approx. 12 hours. After 12 hours, use a rubber spatula to fold the fresh ricotta, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until incorporated.
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine lemon juice, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Cook untouched until most of the sugar is melted, about 10 minutes. Once melted, gently stir until sugar is completely dissolved.Note: Using a slightly damp pastry brush, wash down any sugar crystals from the side of the pan to prevent sugars from burning.Add maple syrup, allspice and strawberries. Increase heat to medium high and gently boil while lightly mashing the strawberries. Continue to boil until thickened, approx. 5 minutesLet the mixture cool at room temperature, approx. 10 minutes. Spoon the mixture into a glass container, seal, and place in the refrigerator to set for 12 hours.
- Generously coat both sides of sliced brioche with butter. Grill on a cast iron pan over medium high heat for approx. 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Hold at room temp, cut into angled slices.
Plating for Individual Servings
- On a plate or in a shallow bowl, place 2-3 toast slices and approximately ½ cup of sweet ricotta drizzled with 2 tablespoons of preserves. Garnish options – mint sprig, pinch of all spice, drizzle of maple syrup.