- 2 cups large macaroni noodles
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup pizza sauce divided
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup colby jack cheese shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni slices
For the crumb topping:
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin tin with non-stick spray, set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the macaroni until al dente, so they are still a little firm (about 8 minutes). Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and egg to the bowl and stir to combine. Stir in the milk and 1/2 cup of the pizza sauce. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, colby jack cheese, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices and stir to combine.
- Scoop the macaroni noodles into the prepared muffin cups, so they are piled high (I got about two ice cream scoops into each one).
- Use the remaining pizza sauce to spread on top of each muffin cup, followed by the remaining mozzarella cheese. Combine the bread crumbs, melted butter and salt in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Sprinkle the tops with the crumb mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes to until the tops are golden brown. Let cool slightly before running a knife around the edges of the muffins to remove from tin. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of I Wash You Dry