- 12 eggs hard boiled and peeled
- 6 tbsp mayo
- 6 tbsp cream cheese softened
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt more to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 fresh jalapeños seeded and diced small
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
For the topping:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Divide each egg in half and scoop out the yolk. Place yolks in a bowl and add the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Use a fork to mash to a smooth consistency.
- Stir in the jalapeños and cheddar cheese then place mixture in a zip close bag and snip the corner of the bag off. Pipe the filling into the prepared egg whites.
- To prepare the crunchy topping:
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat and add the panko bread crumbs and garlic salt. Stir until golden brown. Remove from skillet to cool. Sprinkle crumbs on top of prepared deviled eggs.
- Dust with extra cayenne pepper if desired. Keep refrigerated until ready to enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of I Wash You Dry