- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain chocolate candies in red and green
- 12 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 9x13” baking pan.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing just until combined. Stir in candies.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until bars are lightly browned and pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Place chocolate in heat-proof bowl.
- Place cream in heavy saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Pour cream over chocolate and allow it to sit for about 5 minutes. Then stir the mixture until smooth to create ganache frosting.
- Spread frosting over the bars or dip cut bars into ganache to coat top. Allow frosting to set before serving.