- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole buttermilk
- dash of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Combine berries and sugar in a blender; process until smooth and sugar has dissolved (about 1 minute).
- Add the buttermilk and dash of vanilla, process until well blended. Add the lemon juice and pulse to mix.
- Chill in fridge for about 1 hour. Pour into freezer can of an ice-cream maker, process according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve immediately or place covered in freezer until desired consistency is reached (I like mine after about 3 hours). Enjoy!