Freshly baked savory muffins loaded with gooey cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and pepperoni are sure to satisfy when hunger strikes and no ordinary snack will do.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12-cup muffin tin with large paper liners.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper. In separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, oil, eggs and oregano; stir into flour mixture just until combined.
- Add Cheddar, Monterey Jack, pepper Jack, pepperoni, sun-dried tomatoes and green onions to batter, stirring just until evenly distributed (do not overmix). Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and top of muffin springs back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Turn out onto rack. Serve warm or let cool completely.