- 3 strips thick cut bacon
- 8 oz. andouille sausage diced OR 12oz. ground Italian sausage
- 24 oz. jarred marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 13 oz. fresh cheese filled tortellini
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices pizza pepperoni
- Cook bacon in an oven safe skillet until browned and crispy. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Leave about 2 tablespoons of bacon grease in the skillet and discard the rest.
- Saute the andouille sausage in the bacon grease over medium heat until browned (or if using ground sausage, brown in skillet, breaking up with wooden spoon until crumbled and cooked through). Carefully add the marinara sauce, water and tortellini to the skillet. Stir and bring to a low boil, reduce heat and cover for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- Stir and then sprinkle the cheese over the top of the pasta in an even layer. Top with the sliced pepperoni and crumbled bacon. Cover and cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- If desired, place skillet under your oven's broiler for about 2 minutes to melt cheese even more. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of I Wash You Dry