- 1 box brownie mix for an 8x8 inch pan plus ingredients required
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups eggnog
- dash of ground nutmeg
- Make sure your ice cream bowl is properly frozen and ready to go.
- Prepare the brownies according to the package instructions and let cool.
- In a large bowl whisk together the cream and sugar until the sugar is fully dissolved, about 2 minutes. Pour in the eggnog and dash of ground nutmeg and whisk to combine.
- Add the eggnog mixture to your ice cream maker and process according to manufacturers instructions, until a soft serve consistency is reached. Pour soft ice cream back into the large bowl.
- Cut half of the brownies into small chunks (a little less than 1 inch pieces) and gently fold them into the ice cream, try not to break up the brownie pieces. Save the remaining brownies for later use.
- Pour the ice cream into a freezable container (I use a bread loaf pan), and freeze for at least 3 hours or until desired consistency is reached.
Recipe courtesy of I Wash You Dry