- 1 15oz can, chili
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 8.5oz package, corn muﬃn mix
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- Unsalted butter, for greasing waffle iron
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 scallions, sliced thin
- Pour chili into small saucepan. Heat on low, stirring frequently until fully heated throughout. Keep chili warm until ready to use.
- Whisk 1 cup cheddar, corn muﬃn mix, buttermilk, and egg together in a large bowl until smooth
- Heat waﬄe iron until hot. Lightly coat the iron with butter, then, working in batches, add batter to waﬄe iron and cook until light golden-brown and fully cooked, about 4-6 minutes. Batter amount and cook time may vary; follow manufacturer instructions for best results. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top warm waﬄes with chili, remaining cheddar cheese, sour cream and scallions