- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (from a 13.5 ounce box of pre-ground crumbs)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (10 oz) package caramel candy squares unwrapped
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream plus 1-2 teaspoons as needed
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted and salted peanuts divided use
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter. Add sugar and continue beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix with mixer until incorporated. Cover and refrigerate 30minutes.
- Using a cookie dough scoop(approximately 1-1/4 inches in diameter), scoop rounded balls of dough and place one in each muffin cup, pressing evenly into bottom of cups. Bake at 350degrees Fahrenheit for 12 -15 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Remove from oven and cool cookies in muffin pans on a wire rack. Do not remove cookies from muffin pans.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat caramel squares, peanut butter and 1/4 cup of the cream on HIGH 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until caramels are completely melted when stirred; stir after each minute. Add 1/4 cup chopped peanuts and stir to incorporate.
- Top each cookie with 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons of the warm caramel-peanut butter mixture, spreading almost to edges with back of spoon (If caramel does not spread easily, stir in additional cream, 1 teaspoon at a time until spreadable, reheating as needed). Set aside until caramel is set, about 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips in a medium-size, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 30seconds; stir. Continue microwaving, stirring every 10-15 seconds, until chocolate is melted and can be stirred smooth. Spoon about 2 teaspoons chocolate over the caramel layer, spreading to edges, completely covering caramel and cookie layers. Immediately sprinkle with remaining chopped peanuts.
- Refrigerate 25-30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Carefully pop cookies out of pans one at a time, pushing up from the bottom of each muffin cup. Supplies needed include mini muffin tins and muffin cups.
This recipe graciously provided by Julie B. from GO BOLD WITH BUTTER