For the Baked Churro Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter softened, plus 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup sugar plus 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
For the Chocolate Dip
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- Using an electric mixer, cream together 1 cup butter, cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, and vanilla bean paste until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add flour and salt. Mix until combined.
- Divide dough into 4 equal sections. Roll each section into 1-inch rope. Cut with sharp knife into 2 1/2 inch pieces. Place on baking sheet and let chill for 15 minutes. Once chilled, use wooden skewer to make 3 lines into each cookie.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Brush cookies with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Generously sprinkle cookies with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until set. Let cool on pan for 2 minutes, then let cool completely on wire rack.
- Microwave butter and chocolate chips in 30 second intervals until completely melted and smooth, stirring well in between each interval. Dip cookies halfway into chocolate, and let dry on rack until hardened.
This recipe graciously provided by GO BOLD WITH BUTTER