Delivering Dynamic Cooking Demos
Cooking classes and demos enable nutrition professionals to:
- communicate nutrition information to consumers
- entertain their audiences
- teach basic or advanced cooking skills and
- showcase healthy recipes that are affordable, easy to prepare at home, and flavorful.
Gaining the confidence to cook in front of an online audience is a critical skill set for dietitians and health educators working in clinical, community, academia, and private practice settings. Join Liz Weiss, MS, RDN, to help you prepare for your virtual cooking demos.
CPEUs: 1 pre-approved CPEU from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Identify why cooking demos and classes can build consumer confidence in the kitchen and trigger behavior change for healthier eating patterns.
- Outline the steps required to plan, prepare, and adapt a cooking demonstration for various virtual venues and audiences.
- Demonstrate a virtual cooking class with one nutrient-rich recipe and associated culinary and nutrition talking points.
- Learn about the power of Plants + Dairy = A Dynamic Duo, the nutrients involved and how dairy foods fit into a plant-based diet