Arizona Milk Producers/Dairy Council of Arizona Student Teams
To expand the reach of our dairy programming, Dairy Council® of Arizona (DCAZ) and Arizona Milk Producers (AZMP) is hiring up to ten (10) Arizona State University nutrition students and up to ten (10) University of Arizona nutrition students to work at various events. This opportunity will provide experience in nutrition education and promotion to the public, along with possible recommendations for resumes and potential for future employment.
Dairy Council® Student Team members will act as educators and help to promote nutrition and physical activity at school and community events such as health fairs, fun runs, culinary shows, Fuel Up to Play 60 events and activities at the Phoenix/Tucson Childen’s Museum and Phoenix Zoo.
- One year commitment, with the option of renewal for a second year for juniors
- Represent AZMP and DCAZ in a professional manner, including wearing required apparel.
- Track work hours and submit to the Team Lead on a monthly basis.
- Social media re-posting pertaining to events and workshops may be required.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Junior or senior dietetic student or dietetic intern
- 3.0 or higher GPA
- Recommendation from a professor
- Reliable transportation
- Outgoing, self-starter, team player
- Drinks milk/eats dairy products
- Interested in learning about the nutritional value of dairy products
- Lead: $20.00/hr
- Crew: $15.00/hr
- Plus mileage at $0.56/mile
- Paid nutrition experience
- Source for recommendation letters
- Networking opportunity
- Learn about Dairy Council® programs
- Apparel and merchandise to wear at events
Training Dates and Locations:
- ASU: January 29, 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- UofA: February 12, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Interested? Complete and submit the following application:
Application deadline: January 25