Contest Opens August 16, 2021
and runs through November 7, 2021
Are you attending college in Arizona next year? Do you have a camera? Do you love dairy?! Arizona Milk Producers is offering the chance to turn your video creation into college moo-lah. Simply create a “Reel” Milk Moment video, lasting 30 seconds or less, featuring your favorite real dairy product(s).
Milk your moment for all it’s worth and show us how dairy is not only part of your day, but makes your day better!
- Tell the story of how real dairy is a part of fueling your lifestyle
- Depict the benefits of dairy: nutritious, delicious, great for cooking, creamy…..
- Visually showcase at least one dairy product (milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, etc.)
- Speak or display the words “real milk” and/or “real dairy”
- Edit length to :30 seconds or less
For a complete list of requirements see Official Contest Rules below
Upload your video by November 7, 2021 here on Video Peel
Upon conclusion of the contest entry period, a judging panel will select eight (8) finalists from all submitted entries, based on scoring of each of the video criteria. Finalists will be notified on November 19, 2021 and will be required to complete and return an application packet by December 3, 2021. Each finalists will receive:
- Two (2) tickets and a parking pass to the Fiesta Bowl Game on January 1, 2022 at State Farm Stadium
- One (1) NutriBullet Blender System
- A $50 gift card to either Albertsons, Fry’s, or Safeway grocery store
Three (3) winners will be chosen based on evaluation of the application documents. Winners will be announced live on the jumbotron at the Fiesta Bowl game!*
*Check your holiday schedule! Must be present to win.
- First Place: $8,000
- Second Place: $6,000
- Third Place: $4,000
SEE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES FOR DETAILS
Official Contest Rules
Arizona Milk Producers Scholarship Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
The Arizona Milk Producers Scholarship Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of Arizona who are 17 years of age or older and are (or will be) enrolled in a post-secondary school (university, college, or community college) in the state of Arizona for the 2022 fall term with at least 12 credit hours. Individuals enrolled in trade schools or technical programs are not eligible. Employees and family members of Arizona Milk Producers (“Sponsor”) or United Dairymen of Arizona are not eligible. Individuals who have previously been awarded a scholarship through one of Arizona Milk Producers’ College Scholarship contests are not eligible. Individuals chosen as a finalist in previous years, but were not awarded a scholarship are eligible to enter.
The contest entry period begins at 12:00:00 a.m. on Monday, August 16, 2021 and will conclude at 11:59:59 p.m. on Sunday, November 7, 2021.
How to Enter
During the contest period, enter by completing the following steps:
- Create a :30 seconds or less video showing how and why dairy is part of your day (see Video Criteria for full description of video requirements).
- Visit http://azmilk.co/contest to upload your video and fill out and submit an official entry form.
Limit one (1) entry per person. Submission of an entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the video in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to you.
- Must be :30 seconds or less
- Must feature original content
- Tells the story of how dairy plays a part in your day
- Depicts the benefits of dairy (e.g., enjoyment, as part of sports or other activity, nutrition, etc.)
- Must feature at least one dairy product – e.g., milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.
- Must include the words “real milk” or “real dairy”, spoken audibly or appearing as a graphic
- Entry cannot include nut-based dairy alternatives or dairy from other animals – e.g. goat
- Must be submitting in one of the following accepted formats: MP4,MOV, .MEG4, .AVI, .WMV, .MPEGPS, .FLV, .3GPP, WebM
- Other people besides applicant may be included, however, by participating, each person(s) must also agree to terms and conditions of this contest
- Uploaded videos may not contain: sexual or obscene content, racist content, depictions of violence, obscene gestures (please use commonsense), drugs or drug abuse, focus on logotypes or other text elements and bullying or harassment
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies
- Entry cannot infringe trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than Sponsor’s brands/products), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses
- Entry cannot infringe on copyrighted materials owned by others (including music, photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; Sponsor does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant (except copyrighted materials owned by Sponsor) is grounds for disqualification from the Contest
- No background artwork should appear in an entry unless it is an original work of the entrant. Any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in entry must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein
- Entry cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead
- Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion)
By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that his/her submission will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her submission, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Winner hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to their submission. Further, Sponsor may request from the winner that the winner secure from any model(s) or videographer an irrevocable assignment and transfer to Sponsor all of any model(s) or videographer’s right, title, and interest in and to the entry, including but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. The model(s) or videographer may be required to waive in favor of Sponsor all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that the model(s) or videographer may now or later have in the entry. Should Sponsor fail to request said model(s) assignment or videographer assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment(s).
Finalist Selection/Notification and Prizes
All eligible entries received will be judged on the following criteria:
- Telling the story of how real dairy is a part of your day
- Depiction of the benefits of dairy (nutritious, delicious, great for cooking, etc.)
- Inclusion of at least one dairy product as part of the video (milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, etc.)
- Speaking or displaying the words “real milk” and/or “real dairy”
- Video length: 30 seconds or less
Upon conclusion of the contest entry period, a judging panel will select eight (8) finalists from all submitted entries, based on scoring of each of the criteria. Finalists will be notified via email or phone call on Friday, November 19, 2021. The potential finalist must reply within 96 hours or the finalist prize will be forfeited.
Each finalist will receive the following: Two (2) tickets and one (1) parking pass to the 2022 Fiesta Bowl game. One (1) NutriBullet NBR-1201 12-Piece High-Speed Blender/Mixer System, and one (1) $50 gift card for one (1) of the following grocery stores: Fry’s Food Stores, Safeway, or Albertsons.
Finalists must be available to attend the Fiesta Bowl game on Saturday, January 1, 2022. If unable to attend, the finalist must forfeit their position as a finalist.
Selection of Scholarship Prize Winners
The eight (8) finalists will be supplied with details on contest next steps and a packet of required materials to complete and submit by Friday, December 3, 2021. Requirements include but are not limited to the following: completed application, copy of photo ID, personal narrative essay, video concept essay, and a letter of reference. These documents will be reviewed and Sponsor will award the scholarship prizes based on completion of all required documents and judging of written documents based on a scoring scale. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged by a second judging panel based on the same criteria stated above.
- First Place: $8,000
- Second Place: $6,000
- Third Place: $4,000
Disclaimer of Liability
Arizona Milk Producers cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the contest or as a result of accepting any prize. Arizona Milk Producers is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination of these, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the contest.
Winners will be requested to take part in promotional activity and Arizona Milk Producers reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their videos and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity in any and all media now known or hereinafter invested without territorial or time limitations and without compensation.
- Arizona Milk Producers reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alternative winner) if Arizona Milk Producers is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that a winner is not eligible
- By entering the contest, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. You also confirm that you take the full responsibility that you own the rights to use all the information used in your contest entry. Arizona Milk Producers reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants, and disqualify and remove any entries based on suspicion of copyright infringement
- You are not entitled to enter the contest if you are resident in a country or jurisdiction where the contest may breach any law or regulation. Where this applies, Arizona Milk Producers’ invitation to enter the contest in such country and/or jurisdiction is withdrawn
- Arizona Milk Producers reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the contest, Arizona Milk Producers in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these rules
Proof of emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. Arizona Milk Producers cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside Arizona Milk Producers’ control.
Right To Cancel Or Modify Contest
The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest as determined by the Sponsor. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, network overload (Internet/phone/cellular) or any other causes which Sponsor deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest or these Official Rules, change the Contest Period, and select a winner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Sponsor may deem appropriate.
Release And Limitation Of Liability
Neither the Sponsor, nor its parent or affiliates, nor their respective agents, officers, directors, employees, agencies, or attorneys, nor Instagram, are responsible for, and each entrant releases all such parties from any claim, cause of action or liability, including without limitation those relating to any personal injury, death, loss, expense or damages of any kind, under any theory of law or in equity, arising from, (a) entry or participation in the Contest or limitation on entrant’s ability to do so; (b) acceptance or use of any prizes awarded in the Contest; (c) incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected e-mail and/or postal mail or other communication; (d) hardware or software failures of any kind; (e) lost or unavailable network connections; (f) publicity and/or privacy rights, defamation, and intellectual property associated with the entrant; or (g) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether any of the foregoing are caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions.
Contest Disputes In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the contest, the decision of Arizona Milk Producers shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
By entering the Contest, entrants acknowledge and agree: (1) that they consent to their entry in the Contest, (2) idea and materials submitted are original work of entrant, and (3) digitally submitted supporting materials shall automatically become the exclusive property of Arizona Milk Producers immediately upon submission for use in promotion of Contest and (4) their email address will be entered into an email marketing database for potential use by Arizona Milk Producers in the future.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Arizona law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
This Contest and its Official Rules are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 11 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in Maricopa County, Arizona.
Sponsor: Arizona Milk Producers, 510 S. 52nd St Suite 101 Tempe, AZ 85281.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. :30 or less video featuring original content submitted via the website in one of the following formats: MP4, MOV, .MEG4, .AVI, .WMV,.MPEGPS, .FLV, .3GPP, WebM. Must include visible dairy product(s) such as milk, cheese or yogurt, depict the benefits of dairy, and include the words “real milk” and or “real dairy”. Other people appearing in the video must agree to the terms and conditions. The Contest is open to legal residents of Arizona who are 17 years of age or older and are (or will be) enrolled in a post-secondary school (university, college, or community college) in the state of Arizona for the 2022 fall term with at least 12 credit hours. Visit http://azmilk.co/contest for official rules and details. Employees and family members of Arizona Milk Producers or United Dairymen of Arizona are not eligible. Individuals who have previously been awarded a scholarship through one of Arizona Milk Producers’ College Scholarship contests are not eligible. The contest entry period begins at 12:00:00 a.m. on Monday, August 9, 2021 and will conclude at 11:59:59 p.m. on Sunday, November 7, 2021. Finalists will be announced on Friday, November 19, 2021. Winners will be announced at on Saturday, January 1, 2022 live at the Fiesta Bowl game and must be present to win.
Need inspiration? Check out last year’s finalists!