Dairy farmers in AZ want to help the community to make sure food pantries have enough milk to distribute to their clients. Since we no longer have the free milk available, dairy farmers will provide matching funds for you to enhance dairy in your program. For the match, you may use USDA funding or other federal, state or private funding. Program guidelines:
Funds must be used to purchase gallons of whole milk.
Up to $2,000 in matching funds are available.
Funds will be allocated to agencies in the order they apply up to the maximum amount of matching funds available.
Dairy Council® of Arizona will provide dairy centric nutrition education materials free of charge to each agency participating in this Matching Milk Money program.
Participating agencies will recognize Arizona’s dairy farmers for the provided grant funds in some way, including, but not limited to local press release, agency newsletter, social media, website, etc.
- May 1 – June 30, 2020: Initial milk purchases.
- On or before June 30, 2020: Submit receipts of initial milk purchases to firstname.lastname@example.org to be eligible for matching funds
- May 15 – July 31, 2020: Purchase milk with matching funds.
- Within 15 days of receiving matching funds: Submit photos of milk purchased with matching funds. Submit photos of educational materials being distributed.
- On or before August 31, 2020: Submit receipts of milk purchased with matching funds to email@example.com. Submit data on total number of gallons of milk provided through this program.