Fuel Up to Play 60 is pleased to offer School Nutrition Equipment Grants of up to $5,000 per school for the 2019-2020 School Year. The purpose of these grants is to assist School Nutrition Managers/Directors in the purchase of equipment that will enhance the long-term implementation of your school lunch and breakfast programs. Each school may apply for up to $5,000 of school nutrition equipment. For schools seeking equipment over $5,000, contact your State Agency for potential competitive funding under Equipment Assistance grants.
• Online applications for funding for Fuel Up to Play 60 School Nutrition Equipment Grants will be open from February 10 – March 2, 2020.
• Each application is for a single school to apply. If multiple schools from a school district would like to apply, a separate application is required for each school.
• Complete and submit the online application by Monday, March 2, 2020.
• The person completing the application must be employed in the school nutrition department.
• The application will be reviewed and if considered for approval you will be contacted by a Dairy Council of Arizona representative with a Letter of Agreement.
• Upon receiving a signed Letter of Agreement from you, a check will be issued to your school within 4 weeks for funding to purchase the approved school nutrition equipment as outlined in the Letter of Agreement.
• Only personnel employed in the School Nutrition Department may apply for this grant.
• The school must be located in either Arizona.
• The school must participate in the National School Lunch Program.
• The school must include at least one of the grades K-12.
• The school must be located in a recognized “brick and mortar” school building.
• For assistance with the application: contact Patricia J Johnson via phone (480) 656-7163 Ext. 3 or email email@example.com.
Guidelines and Terms
o Reporting on the use of the funds is required as outlined in the School Nutrition Equipment Grant Application and any supporting Letter of Agreement.
Use of Funding
o Funds recipient agrees to use the funding as outlined in the approved application form and any supporting Letter of Agreement. Any changes to the use of funding must first be reviewed and approved by Dairy Council of Arizona.
o Funds recipient may be required to repay Dairy Council of Arizona any portion of the funding that is not used for the purpose outlined in the approved application form, and/or not used by the end of the 2019-2020 school year.
o Funds recipient will not use the School Nutrition Equipment Grant Funds to:
– Influence legislation
– Influence the outcome of any public election or to carry on, directly or indirectly, any voter registration drive
– Make any grant to any other individual or organization
– Undertake any activity other than for charitable, scientific or educational purposes
o To be eligible to receive funds, a school must participate in the National School Lunch Program; be located in Arizona; must include at least one of the grades K-12.; must be located in a recognized “brick and mortar” school building.
o Funds received may only be used by the participating school that submits the funding application.
o Funds may not be transferred to another school, institution or individual without prior written approval of Dairy Council of Arizona.
o Schools receiving funds agree to provide information about use of funds if requested by Dairy Council of Arizona.
o All information provided to Dairy Council of Arizona in connection with the School Nutrition Equipment Grant Application, including all related communications, is true, correct and complete.
o Funds recipient will maintain complete and accurate records, and will make such records available to Dairy Council of Arizona upon request.
o Funds recipient shall obtain advance written approval from Dairy Council of Arizona for commercial publication or distribution of all publications or works created, in whole or in part, through the use Dairy Council funds.
o Funds recipient agrees to submit photographs and accompanying signed releases for promotional and informational materials, if requested.
o Funds recipient agrees to share success, if requested, to demonstrate progress made toward creating a healthy and active school community.