Celebrating June Dairy Month
Looking for some indoor fun for the kiddos?
Download our milk activity cards!
Family Fun June Dairy Month Events
Pose for a free photo with your favorite characters or just kid around and cool down at the splash pad with music, games and prizes.
Wednesdays, 6-7:30pm at the Westgate Entertainment District fountain park
- JUNE 12th – Arabian Nights (Aladdin and Jasmine)
- JUNE 19th – Toy Time Roundup (Woody and Jessie)
- JUNE 26th – Spoonful of Sugar Party (Mary Poppins)
Thursdays, 6-7:30 pm at the Tempe Marketplace splash pad
- JUNE 6th – Arabian Nights (Aladdin and Jasmine)
- JUNE 13th – Under the Sea Soiree (Ariel and Moana)
- JUNE 20th – Good Toy Times (Woody and Jessie)
- JUNE 27th – Frozen Frenzy (Anna and Elsa)
Farmers at the Market
Your average trip to the grocery store is about to get interesting! A few of your very own local dairy farmers will be on hand at several Fry’s Food Stores locations to answer all of those farm to table questions you have been wanting to ask about cows, milk and farming.
Chandler Fry’s Store; 2929 E. Ocotillo Rd.
- JUNE 15th, 10am – Noon
Meet Dr. Rosemarie Burgos-Zimbelman of Rio Blanco Dairy; cow nutritionist and 3rd generation dairy farmer
- JUNE 22nd, 8am – Noon
At this event we are partnering with United Food Bank to collect milk donations for the Great American Milk Drive
Litchfield Park Fry’s Store; 13730 W. Camelback Road
- JUNE 29th, 10am – Noon
Meet Clint and Brooke Gladden of Saddle Mountain Dairy; four generations of farming dairy and agriculture
Children’s Museum of Phoenix
- JUNE 7th, 5pm – 8pm: Ask a Dairy Farmer
Hear from an expert in the field! Jennifer Millican of Stotz Dairy will be on site with several calves to answer all of your cow, milk and farming questions.
- JUNE 15th, 10am-2:30pm: Make Ice Cream in the KIDChen
Come to one of the five sessions offered in the KIDChen where you will make your own delicious ice cream from scratch. Daisy the Cow will also be in attendance for photos.
- JUNE 1st – JUNE 30th, 9AM-4PM Daily: Cow Crafts
Available daily during the month of June, visit the Art Studio to make cow stick puppet and milk monster crafts
Tucson Iron Chefs – The Culinary Experience
Casino del Sol Conference Center; 5655 W. Valencia Rd., Tucson
JUNE 29, Noon – 5pm
Join us at this showcase of products and services for foodies and those who enjoy cooking and entertaining.
Arizona Milk Producers will be offering an education on all things cheese!
- Cheese Curds
- Wine and Cheese Pairings
- Poutine Recipe
- Cheese Board Assembly
Calling all young chefs!
Want to learn fun, simple recipes you can try with your friends?
Like to watch videos?
Interested in basic nutrition advice to be your healthiest you?
This page is for you!
Unconventional Uses for Milk: Sunburn Relief
Long day at the water park? We’ve got your back! And shoulders, arms… So how does it work?
- The protein in milk reduces sunburn pain and discomfort
- The fat content locks moisture into the cells and keeps skin hydrated and soft
Try one of the following methods to soothe your way back to summertime fun. That will include sunscreen!
Straight From the Bottle
- Apply cold milk on the affected areas and let it rest for few hours
- Rinse with cool water
- For extra soothing, add 3 drops of lavender oil or rose water to the milk
- Repeat 4 times a day
- Soak a washcloth in cold milk
- Place the saturated cloth on the affected area, leaving on as long as possible
- Repeat this process until the redness and discomfort are reduced
- Rinse with cold water
- For extra soothing, gently massage extracted Aloe Vera gel onto the skin before placing the washcloth
- Repeat as needed for several days
- Mix equal amounts of milk and honey*
- Apply the mixture on sunburned skin
- Leave on for 20 minutes
- Rinse with cold water
- Repeat 2 times a day
*honey’s anti-inflammatory properties act to reduce skin’s redness and irritation